PREVIOUSLY ON . . .

Friday, April 16, 2010

ELLIOTT BROOD @ CTO

So, ELLIOTT BROOD made it back to London and played a show at CTO tonight. [SEE PHOTOS]

I didn't know much about this band going in to the show other than what I had worked on for Episode 1 but they certainly won me over. Their set was full of non stop energy I wasn't expecting; danceable energy [always a bonus]. I could barely keep up on the dance floor, and these guys were strumming and drumming their arms off with lights blazing on them for nearly two hours. Great performance. They even handed out pots and pans for the last few songs, for a little audience participation; with little dance space, what a productive way to burn some energy. For the first half they got everyone all pumped up, and then let them all bang it out. [yup]

I'm also surprised/kinda proud this band has 2 parts product of Windsor, ON, my own hometown. Though they didn't form the band until after the move to Toronto. Anyways, check out their album Mountain Meadows. Give it a full listen.

To see some of their live stuff, and interviews with the band, check out LC 03 01 "Give it a Full Listen"

Since tonight was a night for the team to relax and enjoy Elliott Brood, we didn't bring along any video cameras, but I did get some photographs for your viewing.




[The camera goes Michael Bay]
[My instincts told me to delete this photo, but he's using a beer bottle]
[fast feet!]


First photo taken 11:35. Last 1:25
PA, Brittknee Withikaye





No comments:

Post a Comment