PREVIOUSLY ON . . .

Monday, April 19, 2010

JOSH GEDDIS | E. BROOD OPENER

Josh Geddis opened for Elliott Brood last Thursday. I only caught the last half of the set, but to say the least it really set the mood for what was to come.
After importing their CD to my iTunes, I noticed it's listed under the 'Rock' genre, which doesn't really do it justice. However, neither does 'Country' or 'Rock-Country'. Oh, the days of cross genre breeding. I'm really not big on country or pop-country music itself, but I'm pretty open to some of its cousins. I'm also not good at describing music. You'll have to look them up.  (ah yes, indie/acoustic is more like it)
These guys had a great live sound that was easy on the ears, just as country-ish music can be when it's playing right in front of you on a twinkly stage over a few starter beers. Another good thing: They gave away their full-length 10 track CD Yellow Tent for FREE. Great way to get people to take it home for another listen.
  
Since I was there early and with a camera, I got a few courtesy practice shots in because opening bands need a little camera love too.

 [I'm mighty proud of this one.]













The boys are moving too much, but she looks fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment